Who wants to go with me to Boston to investigate the food??

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Settling In....

Hello!  So I have decided to take on a new fitness routine.  After the past two months, my weight gain has increased a little!  NOT GOOD!!  The reason... STRESS!!

I found a recent article explaining cortisol levels and weight gain.  Enjoy at your leisure!  Weight Gain and Stress




The reasons I chose this program:

  • Only 25 Minute Exercise Routines – major studies have shown that 30 minutes of exercise can be just as effective at burning fat and even more efficient than 60 minutes of exercise.  Focus T25 claims to be a fast-paced workout program that keeps your body moving for the complete 25 minutes so you can shred the fat and get lean muscle in less time.  A good thing for me since I have a Physical Readiness Test (PRT...a military requirement) coming up in a month!
  • High Intensity Exercises – the workout DVD’s are composed of dynamic, high-intensity moves designed for maximum efficiency and effectiveness so you burn more calories during and after the workout.
  • No Rest Breaks – the other secret is there are no rest breaks.  No I’m not kidding… its 25 minutes of straight fitness, but of course you are working out in the privacy of your own home so if I need a quick water break or to catch my breath, nobody will know.  Smile!!
  • Workout At Your Own Pace – plus, its a workout DVD so you can push pause at any time.  Everyone starts off at different fitness levels so I can do what is right for me.  The key is to keep pushing play and doing my best.
So I'm off to try this out and see what happens!  Maybe I'll have a 'beach body' before winter sets in!! LOL!!!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Shawn,
    T25 is a great workout tool. My wife and i use it all the time. She has lost so a lot of body fat in the process. However, dieting is the key. She drinks a fruit and vegatable/nut shake evry morning. She also uses a portion controlled eating system. The combination has worked wonders. Good luck.......

    ReplyDelete